Computer Security Technology
Never has computer security been so essential to personal safety, business integrity, and national security. Learning to combat security issues and challenges in the digital environment through new technologies will be a valued skill in the global world of tomorrow. Protecting the viability of computer systems, computer networks, and cyberspace through advances in innovation is a focus of this critical and rewarding field of study.
Graduates of our Computer Security Technology BS program—which is unique in SUNY—will be able to face security threats, protect valuable information, prevent malicious activities, and preserve the integrity of computer systems. Those are skills in high demand in today's challenging security environment.
Freshman will be considered for admission for the fall 2019 semester. Transfer students will be considered for admission for the spring 2019 semester.
Areas of Employment:
- Corporate Security
- Federal, State and Local Security Agencies
- Software Industries
Anticipated Career Opportunities:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
Incoming Freshmen Requirements:
Applicants must meet all admission requirements for FSC. In addition to the college admission requirements, students seeking admission to the CST BS degree are required to have completed:
- 2 units of defined mathematics – Algebra I and Geometry
- 1 unit of a laboratory science
- Average high school G.P.A. of B to B+
- Average SAT score: 1,020; with 500 average on quantitative section or ACT equivalent
Transfer Student Requirements:
- Minimum Transfer G.P.A. of 2.5